So yes, I am proud of being a RN, one of the most prestigious professions around. I give many thanks to Florence Nightingale and Mary Eliza Mahoney whose footsteps are huge to fill.
I decided to share 10 reasons why a Nurse would have an online home based travel business.
So in the true spirit of David Letterman, here we go:
- I want to retire early. Look, my back hurts, my knees ache, and I'm tired. When I retire I want to enjoy my life while I'm healthy enough to appreciate it.
- Pay off Bills- I mean kiss those credit card companies, college loan companies and college tuition folks good-bye forever!!
- Work from home- Look to do the above I need extra income. Its a pleasure to come home from my job and work for myself instead of someone else
- Flexible hours- Need I say more?
- Low start up fee. A friend recently started a business. She was ecstatic that she paid only $10,000 for her storefront. Now that is not including her merchandise, overhead costs or even monthly rates! YIKES!! One can start with YTB for free or pay $499 for 2 websites that's already set up, and maintained and even upgraded. so far Since June there has been about 3 upgrades!
- Unlimited Income potential. What I make correlates with how much work I put into it. But I get to work when I want to!!!
- Decreased stress. There is something to be said about having control over you own future. With companies downsizing left and right, layoffs occuring. Its great to have your own Plan B. So what happens, happens. I have a backup.
- Good support and training. We have access to so much training. There are live conference calls. These calls are also archived in our back office. So if I miss a live call I can hear it at my leisure. There are Vendor trainings, onsite, on webinars, conference calls and online. Very convenient for my busy schedule. There are company certification trainings as well. There is also specialized training with VaxVacationAccess and Disney Travel Agents and more. Don't forget the industry training as well, many of those are online. I have learned so much!
- Tax benefits. An accountant friend told me this is the best thing my husband and I could have done if even we didn't make a dime (his words not mine! LOL) By saving all of our receipts and going to a reputable tax acountant, we can save so much. What a relief!!
- Travel. I get to travel at travel agent rates. Its not automatic and certain criteria must be met, but I have that option. OR I can book my own vacation and just wait to get my commission check.
- Oh!! I said ten right? Okay I fibbed.....Here is one more. I earn 60% travel commission when my friends and family book their vacations with me.
Gotta go. A friend just IMed me about her cruise she wants me to book.
Come and join me and these can be your top 10, I mean 11 reasons too!