Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Resolutions or Goals for 2009?




Every Year I am asked "what are your New Years Resolutions?" And every year those New Year resolutions are gone by the second week in January. The better plan should be to make Goals. Goals are more realistic. they are doable. they can be broken down into smaller steps. The african adage says "The best way to eat an elephant is one bite at a time.

I learned that Goals should be S.M.A.R.T.
Sspecific, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely.


This is my plan for 2009. I will write out my personal, family and business Goals.
This is what my plan of Goals will look like.
Goals
Objective: What I am going to do to work towards my goal
Strategy- My specific plans to reach the objective. How do I overcome the particular obstacles that may prevent me from reaching my objectives.
Evaluation- Re-evaluate my plans and the success or lack of it within a prescribed. How close am I to my success? How far am I way from the starting point? How close am I to the end point?

Here's an Example
Goal- to lose 50 lbs this year (yes I am putting it out there)
Objective- To become healthier, lessen my knee and back pain. to not become diabetic or hypertensive
Strategy- Go back on my Weight Watchers Plan, either the At work program or the Online program Get in more exercise. Take lunch and snacks to work. Journal what I eat. Wear a pedometer. Use my Exercise Walk at Home DVDs. I will set short goals for 5 lbs at a time.
Evaluation- Weekly weigh ins, Monthly measurements.
I actually can elaborate more on this, but you get the idea.

I have made similar plans for my Travel business as well. I have learned alot and I will be making changes to reflect those changes. In addition I will be sharing and assisting my Business Associates on my team to do the same.

When we fail to plan we plan to fail. I intend to make 2009 a year of success for me my famly and my business. Why not join me in making Goals for 2009 instead of New Year Resolutions.
********************************************

Own your own Homebased Travel Business - Join Now while we have the 1/2 price Christmas Special
www.GailsVacationandTravel.com

Join Me on the TwitterCruise "Twitter by the Sea" - A cruise dedicated to bloggers, Twitters and all social media types!


Join Gail at Black Business Builders and Learn how to grow your business. There is so much resources available for you at this site.
http://nbbta.org/member.html?2132

No comments: