Friday, August 22, 2008

California Attorney General says My Travel Biz Grew Too Big, Too Quick, Too Fast?


Too big, Too Fast Too Quick.
That’s what the California Attorney General lawsuit is saying about our online travel Biz. We grew too big, too fast. Well if you think about it, if we are the 26th largest travel company in the U.S. as Travel Weekly indicates I guess it would scare some people. But what are they really scared of?
Average people like you and I finally getting ahead by owning our own businesses instead of slaving away at a second job or a part time job?

Every day hard working people like us utilizing the tax deductions that big time business owners enjoy? Lower income and Middle class people like us becoming financially independent, finally realizing our dreams?

I enjoy helping my friends and family book their vacations. I have had my best friend and her husband book their dream vacation to Belize last fall. Subsequently, others booked their Disney trips , cruises and family vacations. I even booked the senior trip for my son’s Senior class this year! What’s even more exciting is when I go to my back office and see that total strangers have booked their trips on my site. How exciting is that?

There are 2 ways to make money on Gail’s Vacation, Travel and Cruises.

1- I have my friends, family and acquaintances book their travel on www.GailsDreamVacations.com instead of Expedia and Orbitz. I enjoy 60% of the vendor commission.

2- I really can do my part of stimulating the economy my showing others how to have their own online home based travel business, and boosting their income.
One thing I learned was that I could not earn by being a secret agent. I had to get out there and get my name known. So I made flyers and business cards and gave them out. I sent samples of vacations to my friends. I was so surprised how easy it was when people saw that I was offering them a chance to book vacations! Not asking them to do anything else. Some that have an entrepreneurial spirit wanted to know how they could have a Travel website like mine, and I told them!

This year I was able to attend the 2008 National Convention. I used my earnings from my travel Biz to pay the expenses. What an honor it was to be around all of that electric excitement. I can’t tell you how exhilarating it was when our new marketing site was introduced.
I had the option of keeping the original site which was very nice or upgrading to the enhanced marketing site I have. It has a Capture form where my visitors can input their name and email for more information. There is also a media center where the company presentation can be seen.
I am looking forward to seeing our new booking engine which is scheduled for release in the next couple of months. Our new enhanced booking engine will include traveler profiles, cross-vendor search results, consolidated itineraries and new suppliers, destinations and products. We will a also have powerful new sales tools like group bookings for all types of travel
and private branding options for commercial accounts.

My focus for my second year is training, training and more training. I want to learn more about travel so I enrolled in Travel Agents university. I am also working toward my cruise counselor accreditation through CLIA. I started last year by taking the test to get my 2008 CLIA card. I am very proud of that accomplishment.
My intentions are to work and not be a secret agent. I’m not expecting buckets full of money to magically drop in my lap. I figure I would have had to take on a second job to supplement my income and drag my self home tired to the bone, only to wake up 6 hours later and do it again. But I found a way to work at my own business, at my own pace and my make my own money and feel good about myself.
I made the right decision to become involved in this home based travel biz a year ago. I don’t regret it not one minute!

Look out world here I come!!
******************************************************************
Gail aka GailTravel, is a Referring Travel Agent in the Bronx New York. A wife of 28 years, and a mother of 3 young men. She is pursuing her goal of financial freedom and helping others to do the same through her online Home Based Travel Agency. Join Gail’s team now and see what the excitement is all about.

No comments: